Titanate coupling agent manufacturers share six functions of titanate coupling agent for you
Titanate coupling agent has good coupling effect in thermoplastic, thermosetting plastic, rubber and other filler systems. The general structural formula of the monoalkoxy type coupling agent is: RO-Ti(OX-R-Y)3. The representative variety is Sancheng Nitrate Dipropyl Titanate (TTS), which is suitable for calcium carbonate fillers. Below, titanate coupling agent manufacturers share the six functions of titanate coupling agent:
1. Alkoxy group. The titanate coupling agent manufacturer said that the titanate coupling agent undergoes chemical adsorption or chemical reaction with the trace hydroxyl or proton on the surface of the inorganic pigment or filler through the alkoxy group, and is combined on the surface of the inorganic pigment and filler to form a single molecule layer, releasing isopropanol.
2. Transesterification and cross-linking groups, some titanate coupling agents can be transesterified and cross-linked with ester groups, carboxyl groups, etc. of organic polymers to generate titanic acid, fillers or pigments, and organic polymers. Cross-linking increases the viscosity of the system and has thixotropy.
3. The group connecting titanium. The groups include long chain alkoxy groups, phenol groups, carboxyl groups, sulfate groups, phosphoric acid groups, focal phosphoric acid groups, and the like. These groups determine the properties and functions of the titanate coupling agent. For example, the sulfonic acid group imparts a certain degree of thixotropy, and the superphosphoric acid has anti-oxidative functions such as flame retardancy, rust resistance, increased adhesion, and alinic acid coordination. The sulfonic acid group imparts a certain thixotropy. Through the selection of this part of the air group, the titanate coupling agent can take into account various functions.
4. Long-chain alkane group, long aliphatic carbon chain is relatively soft, can bend with organic gas, strengthen the binding force with gas, improve compatibility, improve the melt fluidity and processing performance of the system, shorten the mixing time, Increases the charge of inorganic fillers, imparts flexibility and stress transfer functions, and improves expansion, tear and impact strength.
5. The chemical reactive group is connected to the organic skeleton of titanium, which can make the titanate coupling agent and the organic polymer chemically cross-linked. For example, unsaturated double bonds perform cross-linking with unsaturated resins, binding weapons fillers, pigments and organic gases together.
6. The number of non-hydrolyzable groups, the number of non-hydrolyzable groups in the titanate coupling agent is at least two or more. Chelated titanate coupling agents have 2 or 3 non-hydrolyzable groups. There are three non-hydrolyzable groups produced by the monomethane oxo-titanate coupling. Due to the action of multiple non-decomposing air masses in the molecule, the cold can be strengthened, and due to the large number of carbon atoms, the surface energy can be drastically changed, and the viscosity of the system can be greatly reduced.
In short, the special structure of titanium enables it to have a variety of unique functions. All countries in the world are carrying out research on the application of titanium, and the development and application of organic titanium compounds is the current international development direction, and its application range is wide. important meaning.