Titanate coupling agent manufacturers introduce you an all-round coupling agent
Titanate coupling agent appeared in the 1970s. In December 1974, a petrochemical company reported a new type of joint system with good coupling effect on many dry powders. Since then, polyolefin composite materials filled with inorganic substances with titanic acid joint agent have been introduced one after another. In recent years, newly developed titanate coupling agents have been widely used. The addition of titanate coupling agent-activated carbon black, SiO2, CaCO3, and metal oxides to thermoplastics and rubbers can reduce system viscosity and improve toughness and mechanical properties. At present, titanate coupling agent has become one of the indispensable raw materials of composite materials.
The following titanate coupling agent manufacturers will explain how titanate coupling agents have these functions.
1. The titanate coupling agent manufacturer explains the structure of the titanate coupling agent
According to the chemical structure, titanate coupling agents can be divided into 4 types: monoalkoxy type, monoelastic hyperphosphate type, chelating type and coordination type. The molecular formula of titanic acid coupling agent is (RO )mTi (OX-R-Y)n, which has various functions according to the molecular structure, and its functions are as follows:
(1) (RO)m: The R group reacts with the hydroxyl group on the surface of the inorganic filler to form a monolayer of the coupling agent, which plays a role in chemical coupling. The water and free protons (H) of the filler interface are the reaction points for interaction with the coupling agent.
(2) (O┈0): Various types of transesterification reactions may occur, allowing titanic acid coupling I to crosslink with polymers and fillers, and at the same time causing hydroxyl and esterification reactions of epoxy resins.
(3) X: The atomic group or bonding group associated with titanium oxide determines the characteristics of the titanic acid coupling agent. These groups are alkoxy, carboxyl, sulfuryloxy, phosphoryloxy, phosphoryloxy, pyrophosphoryloxy and the like.
(4) R: The coupling of titanic acid is the long-chain part of my molecule, which is mainly to ensure the entanglement and miscibility with polymer molecules, improve the impact strength of the material, reduce the surface energy of the filler, and significantly reduce the viscosity of the system. lubricity and rheological properties.
(5) Y: The functional group of titanic acid coupling with zero cross-linking effect includes unsaturated stibnite, amino group, hydroxyl group, etc.
(6)n: It reflects the number of functional groups contained in the titanic acid coupling molecule, which can be 1 to 3.
2. The titanate coupling agent manufacturer explains that the structure determines the application
In rechargeable plastics, fillers can be activated to increase charging capacity, reduce resin usage, reduce product cost, improve processing performance, increase product gloss, and improve quality.
In rubber, it can be used as a modified filler to strengthen, reduce the use of rubber and anti-aging agent, improve the wear resistance and anti-aging ability of the product, and improve the surface gloss of the product.
It can increase the addition amount of fillers in pigments and paints to improve the dispersion performance. It has the effect of preventing precipitation and can prevent the color from blooming. It can increase the strength of the paint film and make it brighter. In addition, there is a supervision function to lower the baking temperature and shorten the baking time.